Welcome to my site. I am an excellently qualified, experienced and highly effective Clinical Hypnotherapist in Sheffield. I do appreciate that it is very easy for people to write whatever they like about themselves! However, you can read the feedback that people have written about my service by clicking ‘Client Feedback’. I assure you that all my reviews are authentic.
I am 100% committed to working with you to improve your situation and I am passionate about the benefits of hypnotherapy.
My commitment to the profession motivated me to be one of the first hypnotherapists in Europe to study for a BSc in Clinical Hypnosis. During 3 years of study, I learned the fascinating science behind mind-body connection and I was awarded a First Class Honours Degree. This entitles me to describe myself as an Advanced Practitioner of Hypnotherapy.
My Hypnotherapy qualifications are:
- BSc Clinical Hypnosis: Degree Award: First Class Honours
- Diploma of Higher Education in Clinical Hypnosis. Award: Distinction.
- HPD (Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma)
I have carried out clinical research in the areas of Hope, Optimism and Well-being and have seen these three areas significantly increase in people through hypnotherapeutic intervention.
- My further additional training :
- The Rewind Technique. This is a treatment that targets a specific traumatic experience. Following the Rewind, you will find that your trauma is no longer triggered by external stimuli. You are still able to ‘access’ the memory but it will no longer affect you in the same way.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) for trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder www.emdrassociation.org.ukEMDR is a NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) recommended treatment for trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I use EMDR very effectively in conjunction with hypnosis to alleviate the effects of significant, negative emotional events.
- M.A. Relationship Therapy. Award: Distinction.
- B.A. Fine Art
I am able to synchronize a combination of skills, knowledge and experience and use them to maximize the therapeutic benefit for each individual client.
If you are motivated enough to seek help, I fully believe that you have within yourself, the resources that you need to make the changes that you want, whether it is to stop gambling, address a phobia, enhance your performance or to become more aware of how your thinking is making you feel anxious. I have wide experience of working with a range of issues including behavioural difficulties such as unwanted habits and addictions or cognitive thought processes leading to difficulties with self-esteem, confidence, anxiety and depression.
I will help you to develop awareness of your own resources, abilities, knowledge, understanding and capabilities and provide you with enabling strategies for change. Change could be represented in new ways of thinking, new ways of using language to communicate, new perceptions, changing attitudes, new ways of responding to a problem or a person, altered behaviours, increased self-understanding, or increased optimism and feelings of well-being.
My first Degree was in Fine Art. Hypnotherapy is a creative process and I feel my creativity greatly assists my therapeutic work. My previous working roles have always involved working creatively with people and community. I have direct experience of people’s emotional and physical struggles and my commitment to making a positive contribution led me to volunteer for six years for a mental health charity.
My approach is warm, caring and always client-centred.
My role as a hypnotherapist is complementary to traditional medical practice. If you have an issue and are unsure whether hypnotherapy can help, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I am fully CRB checked and have wide experience of hypnotherapeutic work with children.
My practice is conveniently located in the centre of Sheffield. However, since the Corona Virus lockdowns, I am working via Zoom. This works very well. Zoom is free and very easy to download onto your computer.
I am a Registered member of:
and an Accredited member of the BACP: