How do I find the right hypnotherapist?
All practising hypnotherapists need to belong to at least one professional body. By becoming a member of that body, they agree to:
Operate according to the code of ethics of that regulatory body.
Keep their practice effective with on-going training and research.
Attend a regular Supervision Group. A Supervision Group should meet monthly. Members meet to discuss good practice, encourage self reflection, share Hypnotherapy CPD (Continuing Professional Development) opportunities and offer support to colleagues
Do not feel shy about asking a hypnotherapist which professional bodies they belong to. You can also ask whether their membership is up to date. All professional bodies have websites where you can check whether the Hypnotherapist you choose is actually a member. You can also read the code of ethics for that professional body. It is essential that you feel comfortable with your hypnotherapist as it will be a relationship built on trust where you will be sharing personal and sensitive information. Professional hypnotherapy practice is: 100% confidential, (unless the therapist considers you at risk of harming yourself or others.) client-centred, warm and welcoming.
I am a Hypnotherapist in Sheffield and a member of:
The British Society of Clinical Hypnosis http://www.BSCH.ORG.UK
EMDR Association UK & Ireland. http://www.emdrassociation.org.uk
The National Council for Hypnotherapy http://www.hypnotherapists.org.uk/
My qualifications are:
● BSc Clinical Hypnosis. Degree award: First Class Honours
● Diploma of Higher Education in Clinical Hypnosis. Award: Distinction
● HPD (Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma)
● Certificate in Discursive Empowerment
● Diploma in NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming),including New Code NLP
My further additional training:
● Cognitive-Behavioural Management of Habit Disorders
● EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) for trauma and post traumatic stress disorder www.emdrassociation.org.uk h
● Post-graduate Diploma in Relationship Therapy.
● MA in Relationship Therapy (Distinction) which involves an Integration of Systemic and Psychodynamic approaches.